Friday 13 December 2013

I've MISSED you!!!

 


I've MISSED you!!!
13 December 2013

Well, hello there stranger!  I’ve MISSED you!  It’s been quite a while.

For the first time, since embarking on my blogging journey, I was compelled to take an enforced breather.  And fun though the breather was, it was terribly lo-o-o-o-ong!

Oh, the holiday bit with the family was absolutely divine.  And in a way, I enjoyed having just them all to myself.  With very little in terms of outside distractions.

The problem was the fact that I was without my much loved PC at home.  My window into the outside world.  And the internet connection on my phone, was dodgy at best.  Downright non-existent at worst.  I’m surmising that spending a few nights, in the heart of a forest on the outskirts of Plettenberg Bay, would have that effect.

But then again, every so often, it is positively delightful to slip off the radar for a wee little while.

I am seldom very still and always tend to have a few things on the go.  Always rushing to some or other deadline.  Always on the trot.

And thus, having some family down time was complete and utter bliss.

But for now?  Well, baby I’m back!

If nothing else, my brief hiatus, has given me some time, to concoct a few stories and turn them over in my head.  To brew them and stew them and cook them up good.  To add a little bit of this, and a small dash of that.  To mull over them and ponder about them and jot them down.  Though admittedly not on paper.  Sometimes it’s just a few catch phrases, saved on my phone.  Other times, slightly longer “scribblings”.

Having time and space, made me realise exactly how much I enjoy blogging.  How enriching and fulfilling it is in my life.  How it gives colour and depth and meaning to lots.  How life giving, enlightening and captivating it has become to me.

At the same time, it’s brain exercises.  Keeping me thinking.  All of the time.

And so, I’d like to say, that yes I have missed you.

But perhaps the old adage is true after all.

Clearly absence does make the heart grow fonder.

It’s good to be back.

xxx

Please click and LIKE on Facebook - Thanx!


No comments:

Post a Comment