Saturday 25 October 2014

The Lavatory Retriever


The Lavatory Retriever
25 October 2014

Bwa-ha-ha-ha-ha!!!  Bwa-ha-ha-ha-ha!!!

I saw this on Facebook this morning, and I nearly had a coronary.  I thought it was absolutely hysterical!

Dog – truly man’s best friend and saviour.

I think this is so funny, because it happens.  To pretty much all of us.  At least once in our lives.

For some, it is the only wake-up we need.  Permanently teaching us to forever more check, ensure and prepare.

Safety first!

As a mom, I’ve had to fling a roll in the loo far too many times to mention.  And depending on the severity of the problem, I’ve had to resort to passing them through the crack of the door with tongs too.

This normally happens in response to a severe call of distress.  Nay impending panic.

As a mom, you get to know your children’s calls. 

When they’re babies, you can hear the difference between an “I’m hungry”, “I’m dirty”, “I’m tired”, “I’m hurting”, and an “I’m just really bored and want to spend some time with you while you’re holding me”, kind of cry.

And I confirm, that now that my kids are bigger, the same still holds true.  Though their calls are different.  And unlike babies, who are left to resort, merely to tears, my kids resort to loud bellows of “MoOooOooOmmmmMmYyYYyyyYyYyyYyyeeeeeEeEEeeeEeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

And the distressed call for loo paper, while they’re sitting on the bog, has a unique sound, all of its own.

In general, kids of all ages, take a special delight in calling their moms.  Usually loudly.  Often repetitively.  Mostly unnecessarily.

At times, I truly try to ignore mine.  I really do.

I find loud music helps.  Or pretending I’m busy with an important phone call.  Perhaps I’m phoning the department of…of…of shoe laces.  Or fridge magnets.

Then there’s the alternative.  When you simply push any buttons on your phone, pretend to listen to a caller on the other end, whilst simultaneously clicking a pen.  In-out.  In-out.  In-out.  This works even better, when you’re holding a clip board.  And you’re making a list.

Just saying.

Please click and LIKE on Facebook - Thanx!

2 comments:

  1. Remeber too well. Sometimes the oldest largest kid with the beard, is the worst!
    Your bald kid lastig too?

    ReplyDelete